Conditions of Site
“SkatesUS.com” Terms and Conditions of Use
All site design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof are copyright 2007. SkatesUS.com has been granted permission of use from respective owners of copyright material. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Permission is granted to electronically copy and to print hard copy portions of this site for the sole purpose of placing an order with SkatesUS.com or using this site as a shopping resource. Any other use of materials on this site, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or republication, without prior written permission of SkatesUS.com is strictly prohibited.
All trademarks, service marks, and trade names are proprietary to SkatesUS.com or other respective owners that have granted SkatesUS.com the right and license to use such trademarks, service marks and trade names.
SkatesUS.com Information Provider Disclaimer
All the SkatesUS.com survey/assessment areas are designed to help SkatesUS.com users obtain information and guidance about skating related issues. SkatesUS.com does not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information in these service areas. As such, SkatesUS.com will not be responsible for any errors or omissions or for the results obtained from the use of such information. The information is provided with the understanding that SkatesUS.com is not engaged in rendering legal, medical, counseling or other professional services or advice, and neither shall be liable or responsible to any person or entity for any loss or damage caused, or alleged to be have been caused, directly or indirectly by or from the information or ideas contained, suggested, or referenced in the survey/assessment areas.
THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS CONTAINED IN THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS, ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITH NO WARRANTY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW,SkatesUS.com DISCLAIMS ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO SUCH INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS, AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARISING FROM COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. IN ADDITION, SkatesUS.com DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE VIA THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
The receipt of an e-mail order confirmation does not constitute the acceptance of an order or a confirmation of an offer to sell. SkatesUS.com reserves the right, without prior notification, to limit the order quantity on any item and/or refuse service to any customer. Verification of information may be required prior to the acceptance of any order.
Limitation on Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL SkateUS.com BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, EVEN IF SkatesUS.com HAS BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, WHETHER IN AN ACTION UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE, INABILITY TO USE, OR PERFORMANCE OF THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, PRODUCTS, AND MATERIALS AVAILABLE FROM THIS SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY LASTS, OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
This site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third-party vendors and other third parties (the “External Sites”). You acknowledge that SkatesUS.com is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any External Site. You should contact the site administrator or Webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links or the content located on such External Sites.
SkatesUS.com requires a Return Authorization Number and will only exchange unused products in their original condition with the original packaging within 10 days from the date of receipt. Those that are not will be returned to the buyer at the buyer’s expense. Special order / custom items and boots cannot be returned and cannot be exchanged. The buyer will be responsible for all shipping charges (both ways) unless it was a mistake on the part of SkatesUS.com. SkatesUS.com provides a boot sizing chart for customers to review prior to their purchase. Toddler size boots (9J – 12J) are special order and can not be returned for any reason.
Returns for Refund
All products returned to SkatesUS.com requires a Return Authorization Number and will incur a 20% restocking fee. Customers will be responsible for all shipping costs on returned items. When your items have been received you will be credited the purchase amount minus the restocking fee and shipping charges. A return merchandise receipt will be emailed and/or snail mailed to you. Toddler size boots are special order and can not be returned for any reason.
Damaged, Missing or Incorrect Items
SkatesUS.com will do everything possible to ensure you receive exactly what you ordered. If you receive damaged product, the wrong product or something is missing, please email one of our support representatives and report your problem. We will correct the problem as fast as possible. All claims must be made within 10 days from the date of receipt.
If you plan to return an item for any reason, email one of our support representatives and we will contact you. Send all returns to:
Skates US, Inc.
415 West Eaton Pike
Richmond, IN 47374-2639
I would recommend that you ship the package USPS Priority Mail with a delivery confirmation, DHL, UPS or Fed Ex. This will help ensure the package is tracked while in route and will give you piece of mind once you know that it has arrived. Once your package arrives, we will send you a confirmation by email.
How Do I Place An Order?
- When you see an item you want to buy, E-Mail us and let us know what is desired. You will need to supply us with:
A. What Products or Services you are desiring
B. Your contact and shipping information
C. Your credit card information
- After you have placed your order, you will receive an e-mail notification summarizing the products you purchased. This email will also include a link where you can track the status of your order.
- Once the order has shipped, you will receive another email notification.
Most items are shipped directly from our warehouse. Some items may happen to be out of stock at the time of your order. If not already on order, it will be ordered the same day. If the manufacturer or supplier happens to be out of stock at the time you order, we will get an estimated time for getting the item in and let you know right away. You can then make the decision of whether to wait for the item to come in or cancel the order. Many new products are being released each year and some of the older products are being phased out. Feel free to E-Mail us before placing your order to find out if there will be any problems filling your order.
Most of our Products are manufactured in other countries: If an item is not in stock and not available, these items may take 2-3 weeks to ship. Special and / or custom ordered boots generally take 4-6 weeks to manufacture and ship.
95% of all orders ship within one week (which means you receive them in 1-2 weeks) so don’t let the above statements “scare” you. We simply want our customers to understand they need to be prepared to wait for their merchandise if manufacturers are not able to get it to SkatesUS.com as quick as we would like.
Need assistance ordering? E-Mail us. As an online store, E-Mail is the best way to reach us.
SkatesUS.com Boot Sizing Policy
How Do I Know What Size Boot I Need and that it Will Fit?
SkatesUS.com offers our Boot Sizing Trial Period as a very unusual service to it�s customers. This service will give you the confidence to purchase the best High End Boots and Skate Packages available. SkatesUS.com will send Un-mounted Skating Boots for Sizing purposes, upon request and payment and associated conditions.
- SkatesUS.com will charge the full price of the boots, per pair of boots sent for sizing, with a maximum of three (3) pairs sent at a time.
- SkatesUS.com gladly accepts the following credit/debit cards for payment of the boots: MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express.
- The Customer pays for the original Outbound Shipping and SkatesUS.com pays for the Inbound (Return) Shipping and for up to three (3) round trips, till you get the right size. SkatesUS.com will include a Return Shipping Label in the Box, all the Customer has to do is repackage the box and either drop off the package at the shipping location OR notify the correct carrier that the shipment is ready for pick-up (usually Fed Ex, just call 800-GO-FedEx or DHL, just call 800-CALL-DHL).
- The Customer has 10 days from the date of the invoice to return the boots to SkatesUS.com. The Boots must be returned in “Like New Condition”, including each individual boot box. It is highly suggested that when trying on the boots, stay on a carpeted surface. If the Boots ARE NOT returned within the 10 day time period OR they are not in the “Like New Condition”, including each individual boot box. SkatesUS.com will assume that you are keeping the boots and that the transaction is complete.
- Any payments, will go towards the purchase of the boots. All boots returned in accordance with the 10 day period and in the “Like New Condition”, including each individual boot box, will be credited back to the credit/debit card after deducting for the purchase of the boots that are kept. NO cash refunds.
How Will You Notify Me About My Order?
An order confirmation is automatically sent when an order is placed. Usually another one will be sent when the payment goes through so don’t be alarmed if you receive two confirmations.
If you did not receive your order confirmation within 24 hours, please E-Mail us and one of our representatives will check the status and get back to you.
Most items are shipped directly from our warehouse within 72 hours. Some items may happen to be out of stock at the time of your order. If not already on order, it will be ordered the same day. If the manufacturer or supplier happens to be out of stock at the time you order, we will get an estimated time for getting the item in and let you know right away. You can then make the decision of whether to wait for the item to come in or cancel the order. Many new products are being released this year and some of the older products are being phased out. Feel free to E-Mail us before placing your order to find out if there will be any problems filling your order.
How Long Will It Take For My Order To Arrive?
- Most items that are in stock, are shipped directly from our warehouse within 72 hours. Some items may happen to be out of stock at the time of your order. If not already on order, it will be ordered the same day. If the manufacturer or supplier happens to be out of stock at the time you order, we will get an estimated time for getting the item in and let you know right away. You can then make the decision of whether to wait for the item to come in or cancel the order. Many new products are being released this year and some of the older products are being phased out. Feel free to E-Mail us before placing your order to find out if there will be any problems filling your order. All orders are shipped Fed Ex and reach all states within the continental US within 1-5 days(during the week). All orders are shipped with delivery confirmation tracking numbers.
- International orders will usually take 2-3 weeks to arrive. Most items are in stock and are shipped directly from our warehouse within 72 hours. Some items may happen to be out of stock at the time of your order. If not already on order, it will be ordered the same day. The product may have to be shipped to us first and then we ship it right out to our international customer. To place an order that will be shipped internationally, please email us first so we can add the additional shipping charges to the order. We will then email an invoice for the total amount which you can pay with your credit card.
- If you have to have a product by a certain date, email us first to make sure we can accommodate your needs.
During peak times of the year there may be more backorders…especially with wheels. As we get closer to Regionals, Nationals, and Worlds, the demand for wheels increases. If you know you will need new wheels during these times, please order them well in advance.
All International orders are shipped at the customer’s risk.
**** If you’re ordering from outside the U.S., your import duties, taxes, and/or brokerage fees may apply. These charges are not reflected in the total charged by SkatesUS.com.
You are responsible for paying any duties, taxes and/or brokerage fees imposed by your government.Please check with your local customs office for further information, as policies vary widely by country.
If you live in another country, the appropriate shipping charges will be charged to your order prior to shipping.
SkatesUS.com will not ship to the following countries because they are on the U.S. Department of Treasury sanction list: Cuba, Iran, Iraq, North Korea, Libya, Serbia, Sudan, Syria
Due to the high amount of credit card fraud, SkatesUS.com will not accept orders originating from or being shipped to the following countries: Romania, Indonesia, Singapore, Ghana, Nigeria, Hungary, Belarus, Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Slovak Republic, Ukraine, Russia, Yugoslavia, Macedonia, Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia.
Will I Be Charged a Sales Tax?
Sales tax is charged only on orders sent within the state of Indiana. Indiana state law requires that we charge a sales tax on the full amount of these orders less labor charges. The current sales tax rate is 7%.
Is My Credit Card Safe on This Site?
Absolutely, and we guarantee it. SkatesUS.com leverages the best available technology and encryption techniques to make sure that you are completely safe. In fact, using your credit card on our site is safer than placing a telephone order with a traditional catalog or using it at a clothing store in a mall.
The SkatesUS.com site is so safe, we guarantee it! Should someone make unauthorized charges on your credit card because of information you have provided to SkatesUS.com, you, as a cardholder, will not be liable. In fact, should your credit card company hold you liable, SkatesUS.com promises to pay the up to $50 maximum charge your bank can require you to pay under the Fair Credit Billing Act. Please Note: you must notify your credit card provider of fraudulent charges immediately, according to your agreement with them.
SkatesUS.com uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an encryption technology that works with Netscape Navigator and Communicator (versions 2.0 and above), Microsoft Internet Explorer (versions 3.0 and above), and AOL (AOL 3.0 and above) so that unauthorized parties cannot read the information you send over the Internet.
We recommend that you upgrade to a browser that supports SSL, if you haven’t already.
For a more in-depth explanation of SSL and the use of your credit card on SkatesUS.com, you can visit theVisa site or the MasterCard site .
What Are My Payment Options?
We currently accept MasterCard, VISA, Discover, American Express, and money orders.
We do not offer COD as a method of Payment.