Width Table (C or B options)
Remember ALL EDEA Skates are Dual-Last, meaning that the Ball of the foot is one size larger than the heel, and in all skating, the fit should be based on the heel, as the width of the ball of the foot can be “Shaped” to fit by an authorized and trained Dealer or Skates U.S.
Tough Construction 85
Sizes Available and in stock:
230 through 270 “B” and “C” widths, 275 and 280 “C” width only)
Please reference the Chart for blade and laces sizes.
Colors: Tan (only)
Type of Skating: Ice Show Skating and Dance, and Inline Roller Skating
Training Level: Double, Triple Jumps, along with Pattern and Free Dance
(Even a good option for lower level Skaters, in EDEA you cannot “OverBoot” a Skater)
Training Hours: 20 to 25 Plus Hours per week
Comfort Level: Ultra Comfortable Skate with a great Point.
The EDEA ShowGirl Skate is a new take on the traditional Flamenco Ice. The ShowGirl is a beautiful Tan Skate especially designed by Skates U.S. for the rigors of show skating. The EDEA ShowGirl Skate is the Ultimate Skating Boot for Show Skating, High-Level Competitive Ice Dance, Roller Long Figures, and Inline FreeStyle Roller Skating where a great Toe Point is desired. The Ultra-Light Super Tough Construction with Beautiful Leather finish outside with an anti-bacterial and anti-microbial MicroFibre mesh Lining covers comfortable memory foam. The ShowGirl Skate is made with Revolutionary NEW Ultra Lightweight Materials, which means the ShowGirl Skate is about 25% to 45% lighter than comparable traditional leather Skating Boots.
Some of the core features are:
– The Strength of a Concerto (and also the Flamenco Ice) for the ladies doing strong jumps in Shows.
– A Low-Cut Back with a Tan Cuff that is just a couple of millimeters taller than the standard Flamenco Ice for that extra strength and support for jumping, while especially allowing a wonderful toe point while being incredibly comfortable.
– The anatomically shaped Memory Foam padding will remember your foot, provide support and especially deliver comfort.
– The Tongue is like the Concerto in strength, padding, and feeling.
– The Lining of the ShowGirl Skate is the anti-bacterial and anti-microbial Lining like the Ice Fly and Piano for quick drying.
– The EDEA ShowGirl Skate, like all EDEA skates, are very comfortable and lightweight and use the Thermoformable Structure for support and strength. The EDEA ShowGirl Skate can be “Custom Shaped” for that perfect fit, by qualified Skates U.S.- EDEA Dealers or Skates U.S. directly.
– The unique EDEA Footbed is torsionally rigid but with just a bit of vertical compression, that creates a lower center of gravity in the Skate, creating a lower displacement which greatly increases stability and control. The Footbed and bottom cover will not absorb moisture and WILL Securely hold the special EDEA screws, mounting the Ice Blades.
– That Great Italian Design with a twist to a passionate Red inlaid waterproof Sole and imbedded crystals, both on the side and in the arch of the Red Sole for that beautiful, functional, and adds that final touch of elegance.
– Skates U.S. is the EXCLUSIVE WorldWide Distributor of the EDEA ShowGirl Skate and they are available through the Skates U.S. Dealer network or Skates U.S. directly.
(just a note: Tan Laces are available in 240 and 260, both with and without Crystals on the center of the toe of the lace.)
Special Show Skaters pricing is available. A Show Skater must provide proper credentials that you are currently skating in a show.
Complete EDEA Skate Outfits
SkatesUS.com is providing the opportunity to have a completed EDEA Skate Outfit including the top Ice Blades appropriately used at this level. All of these Custom High Level EDEA Skate Outfits will take about one week, as not all of the Blades are kept in stock. It is highly recommended to use this time make sure that the fit of the EDEA Skate is proper prior to any Mounting of the Blade or “Shaping” of the Boot.
When the EDEA Skate Outfit is paid for, SkatesUS.com will ship the EDEA Skates to verify the correct size and then we will cover the cost of the return shipping after trying on the EDEA Skates prior to mounting the Blades and complete the very high level, high performance EDEA Skate Outfit. For more details on this service see the SkatesUS.com Boot Sizing Policy (which is only valid in the United States). The MOTIVO Skate Packages will be completely Mounted for ease of getting started. Once the Blade is Mounted or the Boot is “Shaped,” the Skates are no longer considered New and CANNOT be Returned. All International orders are final, once paid for and shipped.
The EDEA Skate Complete Outfit is only returnable if the items are in new, unused condition, meaning they have not been shaped or mounted prior to return. We highly recommend confirming correct size before ordering the items to be mounted.
Custom Shaping Services
SkatesUS.com will help with any Custom Shaping Services, as needed. There may be labor charges for the Custom Shaping Services. Some of our Dealers are also trained in the Shaping process and can do an excellent job locally.
Remember with EDEA Skates, the Carbon Fibre type material is not like leather and will not just change shape on its own. If something pressures, it will always pressure, until it is adjusted and then once the Skate is adjusted, it will not pressure and will stay that way unless it is changed again. When we are “Shaping” the Skate, we are “Shaping” the shell or structure of the Skate. Once it hardens into the new shape, it will stay that way until changed again.
The best way for us to work on the Skates, is of course to have the Skater’s feet to put into the Skates and find out where the pressure points are.
If that is not possible, please trace the foot on a piece of paper and mail (yes, snail mail) or put good measurements on the drawings in mm or inches. When a drawing is scanned or faxed, it is scaled and makes a good reference, but is not accurate for measurements. The second part of this is to take some digital pictures of the feet and E-Mail them to OrderDesk@SkatesUS.com and to Info@SkatesUS.com. Pictures will help us to visualize the issues, but the drawings with measurements are essential. Please do not put your feet in the Boots and then heat them. This process will be too hot for your feet.
Temporary Mounting Services
SkatesUS.com is also providing (if selected) the custom Mounting Services to complete your very high level, high performance EDEA Skate Outfit. We will complete a Temporary Mount by properly installing the Screws in the Blade Slots, based on the normal Center of Balance.
Once you have received your Skates and work with your Coach to ensure proper positiong of the Blade for your body and build. Adjustments can be made by slightly loosening the screws and sliding the Blade on the slots, as needed.
Permanent Mounting of your Blades
Once the Blade positioning is completed and tightened, it is time to install ALL of the remaining Flat Head (CounterSunk) Special EDEA Screws. These screws are installed by using 2.0mm (5/64″) Drill Bit for the toe and 2.5mm (3/32”) drill bit for the heel. By using the SkatesUS Drill Bit Extension, the additional screws can be installed without removing the Blade or danger of hitting the drill chuck on the Blade.
The EDEA Skates Nylon Fibreglass Composite FootBed will hold the Special EDEA flat tipped, high-low thread Screws with several times the foot-pound torque than that of a standard sheet metal screw into a leather and cork sole of a traditional leather boot. The EDEA Skate does not require any additional water-proofing and the rubber coated FootBed of the EDEA Skates will not get water logged and allow the screws to loosen and fall out. EDEA Skates are much safer due to these innovations.
The easy steps to complete the mount are:
1. Remove the InnerSole.
2. Drill the center pilot hole in the Center of each of the Countersink screw locations.
3. In the Sole of the Skate Drill ALL the way through the Sole using the 2.0mm drill bit.
4. In the Heel of the Skate Drill to the Void in the Heel using the 2.5mm drill bit.
5. Install the appropriate Special EDEA Countersink screw into the holes with a #2 Phillips Screw Driver.
6. With a straight blade Screw Driver or chisel, on the inside FootBed of the Skate, remove the drill trails (shavings).
7. Re-Install the InnerSole.
8. Put the Skates back on.
9. Enjoy Skating in EDEA Skates!!!